BD LSRII: Shands North Tower, Room 6116
The BD LSRII is a flow cytometer equipped with 3 lasers. The cytometer allows detection of 13 parameters simultaneously (11 colors plus forward scatter and side scatter).
The LSRII offers high acquisition speeds, full inter- and intra-laser compensation matrix, and multiple thresholding on all lasers. Digital pulse sampling allows the measurement of Height, Area and Width from all parameters simultaneously.
Specifications and performance
Acquisition Rate: >20000 events per second
Fluorescence Sensitivity: Detection limit is <200 molecules of equivalent soluble fluorochrome (MESF).
Fluorescence Resolution: Coefficient of variation (CV) of FL-Area is <3%, determined by full G0/G1 peak for propidium iodide (PI)-stained chicken erythrocyte nuclei (CEN Quality Control Kit).
Fluorescence Linearity: Doublet/singlet ratio for CENs stained with PI or Hoechst is 1.95-2.05, detected with 488nm or UV laser.
Forward and Side Scatter Sensitivity: Sensitivity enables the separation of fixed platelets from noise.
- Digital electronics with 10 MHz sampling frequency
- 18-bit data acquisition for area signals
- Inter- and intra-beam compensation on-line and post-acquisition off-line
- Height, Width, and Area measurement available for all parameters
- Time parameter available for kinetic studies (Calcium)
- Ratio measurements between any two parameters from any laser
- BD FACSDiVaTM Software Version 6.1
- All data are saved linearly
- Complex hierarchical gating for multicolor applications
- Automatic compensation of all parameters after acquisition
- Complete set of statistics for all analysis
Analysis of cells, yeast, bacteria and beads
- Multi-color analysis
- HTS system
- Calcium Flux
- DNA analysis